Education Programs at the Museum of Natural History
The Museum of Natural History has a number of facilitated programs available for visiting classes. Ranging in topics from Nova Scotia’s geology to First Peoples, we offer programs for most elementary grades. Our programs help provide an understanding of nature and science from a Nova Scotian perspective in an interactive setting.
We use our galleries and unique collections to provide objects-based, student-centered learning, which offers an opportunity to learn in a way that is difficult to replicate in the classroom. A variety of artifacts, live animals, and museum quality reproductions complement each lesson, allowing for in depth observations and open-ended discussion.
Each program is tailor-made to address specific curriculum outcomes found in the Atlantic Canada Curriculum and are led by dedicated and professional museum staff and volunteers. In addition to our facilitated programs, we also offer self-guided visits with the possibility of a facilitated presentation in the Our Amazing World Gallery, featuring Science on a Sphere!
- Prior to visiting BODY WORLDS RX we recommend that students and children review the guide, which is intended to help them become familiar with the exhibits and prepare them to gain the most from their learning experience.
- BODY WORLDS RX is a wonderful opportunity for children, as well as for adults, to explore, discover and learn together.
- The exhibition’s goal is to create an educational experience for visitors of all ages to explore and witness the human body first hand.
- Allowing an in-depth exploration of the human body, BODY WORLDS presents anatomy in a way never experienced through conventional textbooks, educational tools and lessons.
- Visitors who are familiar with the nature of the exhibits often have a more enjoyable and valuable educational experience.
- For both, preparatory and follow-up work with school classes or with your family, please download our educational materials.
To reserve your program, please call 424-6512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers visit free and receive 10% off in the gift shop by showing appropriate ID.
The Museum of Natural History is part of the Nova Scotia Museum. Visit the other museum websites to see their education program offerings.