Share your knowledge and passion for natural history with others!
The Museum of Natural History depends on the contributions of our volunteers. Elementary education programs, gallery programs and special events like March Break are only possible with the help of volunteers. If you are looking for career development, teaching opportunities, museum experience or interaction with people, then join our team of volunteers.
Positions currently available
Public Program Assistant
Be a friendly face in the exhibits and assist visitors with questions. Volunteers will also guide visitors through hands-on Museum programs. Public Program Assistants commit to a three hour shift during a 3 – 6 month term. Public Program Assistants have shifts on the weekends throughout the year, and can volunteer on a weekday during the summer months.
- Saturday mornings, 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Sunday mornings, 9:00am – 12:00pm
Benefits Volunteering at the Natural History Museum
- Gain experience working in public speaking and museum interpretation.
- Opportunities to learn and participate in various professional development activities
- Meet new people and attend volunteer social activities
- Invitations to exhibition openings, special lectures and activities
- Receive an annual pass to all Nova Scotia Museum sites
How do you apply?
If you are interested in working with our School Programs and are available weekday mornings, please contact Liz Spence, Assistant Curator of Interpretation: firstname.lastname@example.org