Although we still have much work to do to be fully accessible, we do offer the following and welcome you to the museum. We will update this page as we make improvements.
- 2 designated accessible parking spaces, curb cuts from the parking lot
- A ramp leads from the parking lot to the main entrance
- There is a drop off spot on Summer St, directly in front of the museum.
- Main door and lower level door (exit) are equipped with a power opener
- Both stairs and an elevator provide access to lower level program rooms and the washrooms
- Designated single-use, gender-neutral, washroom with a power door opener
- All exhibits are on one level (although there is a steep interior ramp)
- Seating in select locations throughout the exhibits
- Spacious exhibits with wide pathways
- Two wheelchairs available for visitor use (first come, first serve)
- Sensory map of the galleries and social narrative available for download or at the admissions desk
- Fire alarms include both auditory and visual signals
- The Museum of Natural History is proud to be an Aira Access Partner.
The Museum of Natural History is a participating venue in the Easter Seal’s Canada Access 2 Card program that offers free admission for the companion of those visitors who require assistance while visiting the museum. Visit the Access 2 Card Program website to learn more.
We will update this page as we make improvements.