- please stay home if you are unwell, if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been around someone who is unwell.
- masks are mandatory for staff and visitors at all NSM sites in indoor, and some outdoor public spaces. Children under the age of 2 are exempt, as well as children under the age of 4 when their caregiver can’t get them to wear a mask. People with a valid medical reason for not wearing a mask are also exempt.
- we ask that you prebook your daycamp or group's visit to the Museum. Please call 902-424-6512 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your group. If you are a family or individual visiting, you do not need to prebook.
- people aged 12 and over will need to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to visit the museum.
Proof of Vaccination
Starting 4 October 2021 – As part of the COVID-19 Protocol for Proof of Full Vaccination for Events and Activities, you need proof that you're fully vaccinated to visit the museum. Proof of vaccination isn't required for children 11 and younger (they can attend events and activities with a fully vaccinated adult). Learn more: what’s considered fully vaccinated.
What we are doing to keep you safe
The following practices have been put in place to protect you and our staff:
- staff are monitoring their personal health, and will stay at home if they are feeling unwell
- increased environmental cleaning and ventilation of public spaces and worksites
- we have made cleaning part of everyone’s daily duties
- increase surface cleaning and restroom cleaning throughout the day
- increased sanitization/cleaning of museum spaces
- enhanced cleaning of interactives, shared equipment, high-touch surfaces
- interactives have been removed if enhanced cleaning is not possible
- hand sanitizer dispensers or hand washing stations are available at entrances and in common areas
- social distancing - keep a distance of at least 2 metres from others
- we’ve installed new signage to remind you and staff of safety precautions.
- The Museum has been set up as a one way experience. We would ask all visitors to follow this one way route and maintain social distance while in the Museum.
- There will be increase surface cleaning and restroom cleaning throughout the day.
- One family group is permitted in the Gift Shop at a time.
What you can do to keep us safe
Before your visit please review the following guidelines to ensure you are protecting yourself and others:
- stay home if you are unwell, if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been around someone who is unwell.
- wear a non-medical mask or face covering indoors
- make sure you are up to date on the latest public health guidelines on hygiene
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- everyone visiting the museum should practice social distancing to reduce their exposure to other people - this means you should stay at least two metres away from anyone you do not live with or who isn’t in your group.
How your visit will be different
- Our public washrooms will be restricted to one individual or family at a time.
- The Museum Gift Shop is now open, it is limited to one person or one family group at a time
- We are limiting our use of interactives. We have removed our sandbox and are limiting access to out Gully Ship. While areas may open as we progress there will be a number of Museum favourites that will not be available.
- No food or beverage in the Museum. Water bottles are permitted.