Volunteering at the Museum
Share your knowledge and passion for natural history with others!
The Museum of Natural History depends on the contributions of our volunteers. Elementary education programs, gallery programs and special events like March Break are only possible with the help of volunteers. If you are looking for career development, teaching opportunities, museum experience or interaction with people, then join our team of volunteers.
Positions currently available
School Program Instructor
Work with elementary students in an educational setting and discover the wonders of natural and cultural history. Volunteers are required to commit to one set morning a week for a period of 3 months. Volunteers who facilitate our education programs must be 18 years of age.
Availability: Thursday mornings, 9:00am – 12:00pm
Benefits Volunteering at the Natural History Museum
- Gain experience working in public speaking and museum interpretation.
- Opportunities to learn and participate in various professional development activities
- Meet new people and attend volunteer social activities
- Invitations to exhibition openings, special lectures and activities
- Receive an annual pass to all Nova Scotia Museum sites
How do you apply?
If you are interested in working with our School Programs and are available Thursday mornings, please contact Liz Spence, Assistant Curator of Interpretation: email@example.com